|A Google Account provides access to Google-owned services such as Google Analytics, Google Maps, and Google AdWords.
To create a new Google account please visit:
Once you have created your Google account you will then be able to register with other Google services such as Analytics and AdWords.
Google Analytics is a free service offered by Google that generates detailed statistics about the visitors to your website. Google Analytics can track visitors from all referrers, including search engines, display advertising, pay-per-click networks, e-mail marketing and digital collateral such as links within PDF documents.
How do I integrate Google Analytics with my iCommerce website?
Once Google has verified your website you can view your website statistics by logging in to your Google Analytics account. Please note that initial verification of your account may take up to 24 hours.
- Go to 'Settings'.
- Click the ‘Google’ tab.
- Enter your your Google Analytics tracking code.
- Click on the ‘Save and close’ button.
More about Google Analytics
A Google AdWords campaign provides one of the world’s most powerful ways to advertise your business and market your products and services online. There is no minimum spending requirement; the amount that you pay for AdWords is completely up to you. You can, for instance, set a daily budget of five pounds and a maximum cost of ten pence for each click on your ad.
More about Google AdWords
||Google Webmaster Tools
Google Webmaster Tools provides you with detailed reports about your websites' visibility on Google. Find out which Google search queries drive traffic to your site, and see exactly how users arrive there.
Sign in to Google Webmaster Tools
Google Merchant Centre
Google Merchant Centre is a great way to drive traffic to your ecommerce website by allowing shoppers to easily find your website using Google Product Search or Google.co.uk.
Adding an XML data feed to your Google Merchant Centre account is a quick and simple process. Once your data feed has been created all future updates will be made dynamically between your iCommerce website and Google.
How do I add a new data feed?
Once Google has accessed your shopping feed you will receive an email notification to inform you that the process has either succeeded or failed.
- Go to www.google.co.uk/merchants/
- Sign in with your Google account user name and password.
- Click on the 'Data feeds' link in the left menu.
- Click the 'New data feed' button.
- Select 'United Kingdom' from the drop down menu and enter a 'Data feed file name'.
- Click the 'Create schedule' button and select your preferences.
- Enter your feed URL which ends /shopfeed.xml. For example http://www.yourdomain.co.uk/shopfeed.xml
- Click the 'Schedule and fetch now' button